More From Barbara Corcoran
- "When you’re a big money earner and your husband isn’t, it makes you question how feminine you are. I felt I was less feminine than if I was a supporting wife, or a second fiddle, or ‘Mrs. Higgins.’"
- "My husband had a very strong identity and was successful in his life. Thank God for that. There’s no way I can control him. I wouldn’t stay married to him if I felt I could. I can readily take my business personality into the home. But he forces me to be a partner rather than the boss."
- "The most influential factor in selling a home is always price. Don’t build ‘wiggle room’ into the asking price. There’s a price war out there and you have to win it from the get-go."
More In Business
- "An advertising agency is 85 percent confusion and 15 percent commission."― Fred Allen
- "It’s a lot of work to keep reinventing yourself and coming up with new stuff, but that’s what it takes to be in show business."― Donny Osmond
- "Profits in business always depend on the rate of interest: the higher the interest, the higher the rate of profit required."― James Buchan