More From Barbara Corcoran
- "I built the business exactly the way my mother built and ran her family. I wanted a replication of the big, happy family I grew up in. I wanted happy people having fun."
- "My husband had a very strong identity and was successful in his life. Thank God for that. There’s no way I can control him. I wouldn’t stay married to him if I felt I could. I can readily take my business personality into the home. But he forces me to be a partner rather than the boss."
- "I was well motivated. What I wanted to do was work for myself. I had twenty two jobs before I started my business at the age of twenty three and I didn’t want one more boss telling me what to do. So I was motivated simply because I didn’t want a boss."
More In Home
- "One of the things about equality is not just that you be treated equally to a man, but that you treat yourself equally to the way you treat a man."― Marlo Thomas
- "Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink my boats."― Woody Allen
- "Land is the secure ground of home, the sea is like life, the outside, the unknown."― Stephen Gardiner