More From Barack Obama
- "I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
- "I want to reform the tax code so that it’s simple, fair, and asks the wealthiest households to pay higher taxes on incomes over $250,000 – the same rate we had when Bill Clinton was president; the same rate we had when our economy created nearly 23 million new jobs, the biggest surplus in history, and a lot of millionaires to boot."
- "Now we’re in the midst of not just advocating for change, not just calling for change – we’re doing the grinding, sometimes frustrating work of delivering change – inch by inch, day by day."
More In Money
- "Flattery is a kind of bad money, to which our vanity gives us currency."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "I’m not in it for the money. I like music. I love to write music. I can’t imagine myself not playing or singing or writing. It would just drive me crazy if I didn’t."― Paul Simon
- "My generation will actually be the first generation that is tamer than the one that came before it, and it will probably be poorer; less fun and less money."― Shia LaBeouf