More From B. R. Ambedkar
- "Indians today are governed by two different ideologies. Their political ideal set in the preamble of the Constitution affirms a life of liberty, equality and fraternity. Their social ideal embodied in their religion denies them."
- "A people and their religion must be judged by social standards based on social ethics. No other standard would have any meaning if religion is held to be necessary good for the well-being of the people."
- "I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved."
More In Government
- "The lies the government and media tell are amplifications of the lies we tell ourselves. To stop being conned, stop conning yourself."― James Wolcott
- "To restore the trust of the people, we must reform the way the government operates."― Arnold Schwarzenegger
- "A little group of willful men, representing no opinion but their own, have rendered the great government of the United States helpless and contemptible."― Woodrow Wilson