More From Ayn Rand
- "Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men."
- "Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice."
- "The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
More In Happiness
- "We may not only find faith in God in our sorrow. We may also become faithful to Him in times of calm."― Thomas S. Monson
- "I just worry a lot. I’m a worrier. Michelle and Barack are really dear to me. I mean, I love them. And I don’t want to see them get hurt. Just the nature of politics is hurtful. So every time they are hurt, I get hurt. It’s a lot to ask of people, and it’s a lot to see your friends go through. It’s hard not to get emotional."― Valerie Jarrett
- "This is true enough, but success is the next best thing to happiness, and if you can’t be happy as a success, it’s very unlikely that you would find a deeper, truer happiness in failure."― Michael Korda