More From Aung San Suu Kyi
- "My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace – it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty."
- "Every government must consider the security of the country. That is just part of the responsibilities of any government. But true security can only come out of unity within a country where there are so many ethnic nationalities."
- "The best way to help Burma is to empower the people of Burma, to help us have enough self-confidence to obtain what we want for ourselves."
More In History
- "I feel like the history between Israel and Palestine has a lot in common with the history between India and Pakistan."― Freida Pinto
- "Knowing what paint a painter uses or having an understanding of where he was in the history of where he came from doesn’t hurt your appreciation of the painting."― Jodie Foster
- "No greater nor more affectionate honor can be conferred on an American than to have a public school named after him."― Herbert Hoover