More From Aung San Suu Kyi
- "If I advocate cautious optimism it is not because I do not have faith in the future but because I do not want to encourage blind faith."
- "The value systems of those with access to power and of those far removed from such access cannot be the same. The viewpoint of the privileged is unlike that of the underprivileged."
- "I think I should be active politically. Because I look upon myself as a politician. That’s not a dirty work you know. Some people think that there are something wrong with politicians. Of course, something wrong with some politicians."
More In Change
- "As human beings we do change, grow, adapt, perhaps even learn and become wiser."― Wendy Carlos
- "The deeper the experience of an absence of meaning – in other words, of absurdity – the more energetically meaning is sought."― Vaclav Havel
- "Constitutions should consist only of general provisions; the reason is that they must necessarily be permanent, and that they cannot calculate for the possible change of things."― Alexander Hamilton