More From Aung San Suu Kyi
- "The best way to help Burma is to empower the people of Burma, to help us have enough self-confidence to obtain what we want for ourselves."
- "Human beings want to be free and however long they may agree to stay locked up, to stay oppressed, there will come a time when they say ‘That’s it.’ Suddenly they find themselves doing something that they never would have thought they would be doing, simply because of the human instinct that makes them turn their face towards freedom."
- "I don’t want to see the military falling. I want to see the military rising to dignified heights of professionalism and true patriotism."
More In Government
- "I only ask of the government to be treated as all other men are treated."― Chief Joseph
- "You don’t need to invade a place or install a new government to help bring about a positive change."― Nicholas D. Kristof
- "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."― Winston Churchill