More From Aung San Suu Kyi
- "Human beings want to be free and however long they may agree to stay locked up, to stay oppressed, there will come a time when they say ‘That’s it.’ Suddenly they find themselves doing something that they never would have thought they would be doing, simply because of the human instinct that makes them turn their face towards freedom."
- "All military regimes use security as the reason why they should remain in power. It’s nothing original."
- "Freedom and democracy are dreams you never give up."
More In Government
- "The punishment which the wise suffer who refuse to take part in the government, is to live under the government of worse men."― Plato
- "I could never have pictured myself writing a book when I was 25 years old. My mom was an English teacher but I wasn’t that way growing up."― Tony Dungy
- "I am the government."― Andrew Cuomo