More From Ashley Montagu
- "One goes through school, college, medical school and one’s internship learning little or nothing about goodness but a good deal about success."
- "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us."
- "There have been some medical schools in which somewhere along the assembly line, a faculty member has informed the students, not so much by what he said but by what he did, that there is an intimate relation between curing and caring."
More In Death
- "As the fly bangs against the window attempting freedom while the door stands open, so we bang against death ignoring heaven."― Douglas Horton
- "Neither the sun nor death can be looked at with a steady eye."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "There is no lonelier man in death, except the suicide, than that man who has lived many years with a good wife and then outlived her. If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it."― Ernest Hemingway