More From Arthur Schopenhauer
- "It is with trifles, and when he is off guard, that a man best reveals his character."
- "The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness."
- "Newspapers are the second hand of history. This hand, however, is usually not only of inferior metal to the other hands, it also seldom works properly."
More In Death
- "In the attempt to defeat death man has been inevitably obliged to defeat life, for the two are inextricably related. Life moves on to death, and to deny one is to deny the other."― Henry Miller
- "An insatiable appetite for glory leads to sacrifice and death, but innate instinct leads to self-preservation and life."― Jose Marti
- "Let us beware of saying that death is the opposite of life. The living being is only a species of the dead, and a very rare species."― Friedrich Nietzsche