More From Arthur Scargill
- "The trouble with the Labour Party leadership and the trade union leadership, they’re quite willing to applaud millions on the streets of the Philippines or in Eastern Europe, without understanding the need to also produce millions of people on the streets of Britain."
- "Yet what you need is not marches, demonstrations, rallies or wide associations, all of them are important. What you need is direct action. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we’ll begin to change things."
- "There’s a feeling that strength is determined by the size of a union. That clearly is nonsense."
More In Strength
- "Socialism appeals to better classes and has far more strength. Attack the state and you excite feelings of loyalty even among the disaffected classes; but attack the industrial system and appeal to the state, and you may have loyalty in your favor."― John Bates Clark
- "Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amid joy."― Arthur Helps
- "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."― Marianne Williamson