More From Arthur Henderson
- "It has become impossible to give up the enterprise of disarmament without abandoning the whole great adventure of building up a collective peace system."
- "As a first step there must be an offer to achieve equality of rights in disarmament by abolishing the weapons forbidden to the Central Powers by the Peace Treaties."
- "We had four years of world war which the peoples endured only because they were told that their sufferings would free humanity forever from the scourge of war."
More In History
- "As the blessings of health and fortune have a beginning, so they must also find an end. Everything rises but to fall, and increases but to decay."― Sallust
- "Research is of considerable importance in certain fields, such as science and history."― Fred Saberhagen
- "My face has changed with the years and has enough history in it to give audiences something to work with."― Jeanne Moreau