More From Arthur Erickson
- "We settled this continent without art. So it was easy for us to treat it as an imported luxury, not a necessity."
- "Part of our western outlook stems from the scientific attitude and its method of isolating the parts of a phenomenon in order to analyze them."
- "After 1980, you never heard reference to space again. Surface, the most convincing evidence of the descent into materialism, became the focus of design. Space disappeared."
More In Attitude
- "When I drank, I had a very different attitude towards my playing. It was sloppier but I kind of liked it that way. It was like the alcohol was telling my mind what to do."― Mick Mars
- "The big news already broke. The file-sharing and all that stuff, it’s a done deal. And I think figuring out how to make that a fair exchange for the people that make music is still an issue."― Liz Phair
- "Most of my arguments with musicians through the years have had more to do with their attitude about music, or their attitude about their own lives, or their personal responsibility. Music has never really been the big centerpiece of the fight."― Billy Corgan