More From Arthur Erickson
- "I plead for conservation of human culture, which is much more fragile than nature herself. We needn’t destroy other cultures with the force of our own."
- "Architecture doesn’t come from theory. You don’t think your way through a building."
- "There is little doubt that we are in the midst of a revolution of a much more profound and fundamental nature than the social and political revolutions of the last half century."
More In Attitude
- "I wish the Peace Corps and its volunteers continued success and perseverance. We are grateful for their contributions to society and dedication to providing assistance where it is needed. May the Peace Corps continue its legacy of service, both at home and abroad."― Kenny Marchant
- "Certain kinds of speed, flow, intensity, density of attacks, density of interaction… Music that concentrates on those qualities is, I think, easier achieved by free improvisation between people sharing a common attitude, a common language."― Evan Parker
- "What irritates me is the bland way people go around saying, ‘Oh, our attitude has changed. We don’t dislike these people any more.’ But by the strangest coincidence, they haven’t taken away the injustice; the laws are still on the books."― Christopher Isherwood