More From Arthur Erickson
- "Whenever we witness art in a building, we are aware of an energy contained by it."
- "Roman civilization had achieved, within the bounds of its technology, relatively as great a mastery of time and space as we have achieved today."
- "We settled this continent without art. So it was easy for us to treat it as an imported luxury, not a necessity."
More In Nature
- "The Greeks possessed a knowledge of human nature we seem hardly able to attain to without passing through the strengthening hibernation of a new barbarism."― Georg C. Lichtenberg
- "People have always wanted to be recognized, and that’s human nature. But people used to want to be recognized for their accomplishments, and now they simply want to be visible."― Diablo Cody
- "Most of us really aren’t horribly unique. There are 6 billion of us. Put ’em all in one room and very few would stand out as individuals. So maybe we ought to think of worth in terms of our ability to get along as a part of nature, rather than being the lords over nature."― Herbert Simon