More From Arthur Erickson
- "Whenever we witness art in a building, we are aware of an energy contained by it."
- "Today’s developer is a poor substitute for the committed entrepreneur of the last century for whom the work of architecture represented a chance to celebrate the worth of his enterprise."
- "After 1980, you never heard reference to space again. Surface, the most convincing evidence of the descent into materialism, became the focus of design. Space disappeared."
More In Architecture
- "Prose is architecture, not interior decoration, and the Baroque is over."― Ernest Hemingway
- "Noble life demands a noble architecture for noble uses of noble men. Lack of culture means what it has always meant: ignoble civilization and therefore imminent downfall."― Frank Lloyd Wright
- "The interior of the house personifies the private world; the exterior of it is part of the outside world."― Stephen Gardiner