More From Arthur Erickson
- "The way of architecture is the quiet voice that underlies it and has guided it from the beginning."
- "What is the thread of western civilization that distinguished its course in history? It has to do with the preoccupation of western man with his outward command and his sense of superiority."
- "We settled this continent without art. So it was easy for us to treat it as an imported luxury, not a necessity."
More In Architecture
- "Architecture is not an inspirational business, it’s a rational procedure to do sensible and hopefully beautiful things; that’s all."― Harry Seidler
- "I am less disposed to think of a West Point education as requisite for this business than I was at first. Good sense and energy are the qualities required."― Rutherford B. Hayes
- "For me, already being part of a single parent household and knowing it was just me and my mom, you’d would wake up times and hope that the next day you’d be able to be alongside your mother because she was out trying to make sure that I was taken care of. But all I cared about was her being home."― LeBron James