More From Arthur Conan Doyle
- "Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting."
- "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."
- "For strange effects and extraordinary combinations we must go to life itself, which is always far more daring than any effort of the imagination."
More In Time
- "As we celebrate Recovery Month, it is time for Congress to knock down the barriers to treatment and recovery for 26 million Americans suffering the ravages of alcohol and drug addiction."― Jim Ramstad
- "I think I’ll always be a hopeless romantic."― Kim Kardashian
- "Go on failing. Go on. Only next time, try to fail better."― Samuel Beckett