More From Arthur Ashe
- "I have tried to keep on with my striving because this is the only hope I have of ever achieving anything worthwhile and lasting."
- "There is a syndrome in sports called “paralysis by analysis.”"
- "If I were to say, ‘God, why me?’ about the bad things, then I should have said, ‘God, why me?’ about the good things that happened in my life."
More In Happiness
- "All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible."― Orison Swett Marden
- "For all its terrible faults, in one sense America is still the last, best hope of mankind, because it spells out so vividly the kind of happiness that most people actually want, regardless of what they are told they ought to want."― Ferdinand Mount
- "The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, than the discovery of a new star."― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin