More From Arthur Ashe
- "The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight."
- "I keep sailing on in this middle passage. I am sailing into the wind and the dark. But I am doing my best to keep my boat steady and my sails full."
- "I have tried to keep on with my striving because this is the only hope I have of ever achieving anything worthwhile and lasting."
More In Happiness
- "Why love if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore; only the life I have lived. The pain now is part of the happiness then."― Anthony Hopkins
- "You’ve got to ask! Asking is, in my opinion, the world’s most powerful – and neglected – secret to success and happiness."― Percy Ross
- "The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile."― Bertrand Russell