More From Arnold J. Toynbee
- "The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play."
- "Apathy can be overcome by enthusiasm, and enthusiasm can only be aroused by two things: first, an ideal, with takes the imagination by storm, and second, a definite intelligible plan for carrying that ideal into practice."
- "To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the last product of civilization."
More In History
- "I did a book in 1996, an overview of black history. In that process I became more aware of a lot of the black inventors of the 19th century."― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "Governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deducted from it."― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- "The Marine Corps is the Navy’s police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin’s."― Harry S. Truman