More From Armistead Maupin
- "But it’s amazing how many people think that gay men should slink off into the shadows when it comes to having friendships with children."
- "I haven’t lost faith in human nature and I haven’t decided to be less compassionate to strangers."
- "The world changes in direct proportion to the number of people willing to be honest about their lives."
More In Communication
- "I didn’t know folk music growing up, no. It’s something I’ve come to study, really, because I think there’s so much to learn from traditional music in the sense of the way music began as a way of communication, the traveling storyteller, the bard, the minstrels."― P. J. Harvey
- "A monopoly on the means of communication may define a ruling elite more precisely than the celebrated Marxian formula of monopoly in the means of production."― Robert Anton Wilson
- "In order to be able to give a girlfriend the amount of time she deserves, you would need time, and I just can’t give her that. So, rather than being selfish or stupid enough to go into a relationship, it’s just been easier to be single."― Ryan Kwanten