More From Ariel Sharon
- "We extend our hand towards peace. Our people are committed to peace. We know that peace entails painful compromise for both sides."
- "I was born on a farm. My strength has nothing to do with political apparatus. I get my strength from nature, from flowers."
- "I cannot say that the attitude of the United Nations always is for the Israeli attitude. Israel, I think, has been under severe attacks by members of the United Nations many times."
More In Peace
- "And I know this happens because I took economics, and I’d explain it to ya, but I flunked that course. Not my fault. They taught it at 8 o’clock in the morning. And there is absolutely nothing you can learn out of one bloodshot eye."― Lewis Black
- "Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all-out war, a war which will last for generations."― Yasser Arafat
- "In many ways, when you’re a Nobel peace laureate, you have an obligation to humankind, to society."― Desmond Tutu