More From Archie Panjabi
- "There is a big misconception about arranged marriage. Yes, it can mean that you meet someone and then have to marry them, but this was my mother saying, ‘I’m going to introduce you to so-and-so – If you don’t like them, fair enough.’"
- "It was the success of ‘Bend it Like Beckham’ which got my name out there. ‘A Mighty Heart’ also helped."
- "Coming to New York is like a big hug, everyone is so welcoming. There’s something about here, everyone makes you feel so at home. I miss my family of course, but I don’t miss London that much. I was worried, but I feel really at home. Everyone says that who comes here from London, but I didn’t believe them."
More In Food
- "There is no reasoning, no process of inference or comparison; there is no thinking about things, no putting two and two together; there are no ideas – the animal does not think of the box or of the food or of the act he is to perform."― Edward Thorndike
- "Even though I grew up as a Sephardic Jew in Brooklyn where we ate Syrian food and went to temple, it was still America."― Isaac Mizrahi
- "I think it’s important that kids have responsibilities and understand the value of things, but I think it’s great I get to travel the world with my daughter."― Salma Hayek