More From Archibald MacLeish
- "Freedom is the right to one’s dignity as a man."
- "Journalism wishes to tell what it is that has happened everywhere as though the same things had happened for every man. Poetry wishes to say what it is like for any man to be himself in the presence of a particular occurrence as though only he were alone there."
- "Journalism is concerned with events, poetry with feelings. Journalism is concerned with the look of the world, poetry with the feel of the world."
More In Poetry
- "But I am not political in the current events sense, and I have never wanted anyone to read my poetry that way."― Diane Wakoski
- "Poetry is one of the destinies of speech… One would say that the poetic image, in its newness, opens a future to language."― Gaston Bachelard
- "Poetry is the impish attempt to paint the color of the wind."― Maxwell Bodenheim