More From Anton Chekhov
- "No matter how corrupt and unjust a convict may be, he loves fairness more than anything else. If the people placed over him are unfair, from year to year he lapses into an embittered state characterized by an extreme lack of faith."
- "You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible."
- "When you’re thirsty and it seems that you could drink the entire ocean that’s faith; when you start to drink and finish only a glass or two that’s science."
More In Nature
- "We all dream. We dream vividly, depending on our nature. Our existence is beyond our explanation, whether we believe in God or we have religion or we’re atheist."― Anthony Hopkins
- "Sorrows gather around great souls as storms do around mountains; but, like them, they break the storm and purify the air of the plain beneath them."― Jean Paul
- "There were no temples or shrines among us save those of nature."― Charles Eastman