More From Anne Tyler
- "I do write long, long character notes – family background, history, details of appearance – much more than will ever appear in the novel. I think this is what lifts a book from that early calculated, artificial stage."
- "Time, in general, has always been a central obsession of mine – what it does to people, how it can constitute a plot all on its own. So naturally, I am interested in old age."
- "For my own family, I would always choose the makeshift, surrogate family formed by various characters unrelated by blood."
More In Marriage
- "Let us all pledge to protect this opportunity in order to see that the wish of peace becomes a true and daily fact in this region."― Mahmoud Abbas
- "The biggest financial pitfall in life is divorce. And the biggest reason for divorce is marriage."― Gene Simmons
- "President Bush has a record of cutting taxes, has provided a prescription drug benefit for seniors, has upheld the Second Amendment and remains committed to stopping liberal activists judges who are redefining marriage."― Bill Shuster