More From Anne Tyler
- "The one ironclad rule is that I have to try. I have to walk into my writing room and pick up my pen every weekday morning."
- "Time, in general, has always been a central obsession of mine – what it does to people, how it can constitute a plot all on its own. So naturally, I am interested in old age."
- "Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul – chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth!"
More In Marriage
- "Although we hardly see each other off the set, Joy and I get along well when we do. As far as the marriage between Nathan and Haley, I think they are young and will see the reality of the situation eventually."― James Lafferty
- "I refused David Letterman’s proposal of marriage for obvious reasons, but thanks for asking."― Teri Garr
- "My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can’t decide whether to ruin our carpet or ruin our lives."― Rita Rudner