More From Anne Tyler
- "Time, in general, has always been a central obsession of mine – what it does to people, how it can constitute a plot all on its own. So naturally, I am interested in old age."
- "Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul – chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth!"
- "But what I hope for from a book – either one that I write or one that I read – is transparency. I want the story to shine through. I don’t want to think of the writer."
More In Marriage
- "To me, marriage is the ultimate mystery."― Gillian Flynn
- "Obviously, the anti-ERA people are tickled about my ordeal because it proves that the ERA breaks up families. When they point out that feminism is a dangerous thing, I just say marriage is pretty precarious too."― Sonia Johnson
- "No mind is thoroughly well organized that is deficient in a sense of humor."― Samuel Taylor Coleridge