More From Anne Sullivan
- "It’s a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things."
- "I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think."
- "My heart is singing for joy this morning! A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil’s mind, and behold, all things are changed!"
More In Great
- "The infinitely little have a pride infinitely great."― Voltaire
- "Too often the great decisions are originated and given form in bodies made up wholly of men, or so completely dominated by them that whatever of special value women have to offer is shunted aside without expression."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together."― Thomas Dekker