More From Anne Sullivan
- "My heart is singing for joy this morning! A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil’s mind, and behold, all things are changed!"
- "I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think."
- "It’s a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things."
More In Great
- "A great city is that which has the greatest men and women."― Walt Whitman
- "Grown men can learn from very little children for the hearts of little children are pure. Therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss."― Black Elk
- "In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first."― Harry S. Truman