More From Anne Sullivan
- "My heart is singing for joy this morning! A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil’s mind, and behold, all things are changed!"
- "I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think."
- "It’s a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things."
More In Great
- "A constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring success from inhospitable surroundings, is the price of all great achievements."― Orison Swett Marden
- "As it is the characteristic of great wits to say much in few words, so small wits seem to have the gift of speaking much and saying nothing."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "The reason we have poverty is that we have no imagination. There are a great many people accumulating what they think is vast wealth, but it’s only money… they don’t know how to enjoy it, because they have no imagination."― Alan Watts