More From Anne Stevenson
- "Each word bears its weight, so you have to read my poems quite slowly."
- "I dislike literary jargon and never use it. Criticism has only one function and that is to help readers read and understand literature. It is not a science, it is an aid to art."
- "Poets should ignore most criticism and get on with making poetry."
More In Hope
- "Kai-Fu’s Innovation Works is the top very-early-stage fund in China. We are proud to be an investor, and hope that IW will help to produce in China companies on the scale of Facebook, Zynga, or Groupon."― Yuri Milner
- "Being generous or doing things for others actually makes me feel good so I don’t do it because I hope karma will come round and get me and I’ll benefit from it."― David Schwimmer
- "I want you to take away the hope because that’s the thing that’s killing me."― Denis Leary