More From Anne Stevenson
- "Poets should ignore most criticism and get on with making poetry."
- "Each word bears its weight, so you have to read my poems quite slowly."
- "I’m not really quiet or shy. Ask any of my friends! But I always ground my poetry in life itself. Poetry is an art of language, though, so I am always aware of every word’s meaning, or multiple meanings."
More In Hope
- "All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope."― Alexandre Dumas
- "My hope for my children must be that they respond to the still, small voice of God in their own hearts."― Andrew Young
- "At the end of the day, my hope is that when the new Medicare- Prescription Drug Law gets up and fully running a lot more seniors will pay a whole lot less than they do today for their much-needed medications."― Dennis Hastert