More From Anne Stevenson
- "I’m not really quiet or shy. Ask any of my friends! But I always ground my poetry in life itself. Poetry is an art of language, though, so I am always aware of every word’s meaning, or multiple meanings."
- "I have always made my own rules, in poetry as in life – though I have tried of late to cooperate more with my family. I do, however, believe that without order or pattern poetry is useless."
- "Poets should ignore most criticism and get on with making poetry."
More In Hope
- "Our relationship with Mexico in this regard is unique for us, and in many respects unique in the world."― Samuel P. Huntington
- "I want to clear up a few myths about myself. People have written that I was a kindergarten teacher and a former Miss Texas, and neither is true."― Krista Allen
- "Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant."― Epictetus