More From Anne Stevenson
- "I did know Ted Hughes and I partly wrote the book to explain to myself and others the complexities of a marriage that was for six years wonderfully productive of poetry and then ended in tragedy."
- "I don’t like poetry that just slaps violent words on a canvas, as it were."
- "I have always made my own rules, in poetry as in life – though I have tried of late to cooperate more with my family. I do, however, believe that without order or pattern poetry is useless."
More In Poetry
- "Religion is no more possible without prayer than poetry without language, or music without atmosphere."― James Martineau
- "The only thing that can save the world is the reclaiming of the awareness of the world. That’s what poetry does."― Allen Ginsberg
- "There is no gilding of setting sun or glamor of poetry to light up the ferocious and endless toil of the farmers’ wives."― Hamlin Garland