More From Anne Stevenson
- "Yes, I do often write poems from the mind, but I hope I don’t ignore feelings and emotions."
- "A poem might be defined as thinking about feelings – about human feelings and frailties."
- "I did know Ted Hughes and I partly wrote the book to explain to myself and others the complexities of a marriage that was for six years wonderfully productive of poetry and then ended in tragedy."
More In Poetry
- "I don’t think American poetry has gotten any better in the past 35 years. Oddly enough, creative writing programs seem to have been good for fiction, and I would not have predicted that."― Robert Morgan
- "This proves that great lyric poetry can die, be reborn, die again, but will always remain one of the most outstanding creations of the human soul."― Eugenio Montale
- "The first question at that time in poetry was simply the question of honesty, of sincerity."― George Oppen