More From Anne Lamott
- "Some people won’t go the extra mile, and then on their birthday, when no one makes a fuss, they feel neglected and bitter."
- "When we’re dealing with the people in our family – no matter how annoying or gross they may be, no matter how self-inflicted their suffering may appear, no matter how afflicted they are with ignorance, prejudice or nose hairs – we give from the deepest parts of ourselves."
- "We must not inflict life on children who will be resented; we must not inflict unwanted children on society."
More In Car
- "Eradicating a religion of kindness is, I think, a terrible thing for the Chinese to attempt."― Martin Scorsese
- "With all the hybrid stuff and things like that, I think that’s a fabulous direction to go with cars in that sense. As someone who grew up around muscle cars, I’ll never not be able to not love a muscle car. Not that I don’t care about the environment, that’s not it. But I adore muscle cars."― Michael Symon
- "When you read about a car crash in which two or three youngsters are killed, do you pause to dwell on the amount of love and treasure and patience parents poured into bodies no longer suitable for open caskets?"― Jim Bishop