More From Anne Frank
- "It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."
- "Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction."
- "Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"
More In Death
- "It is not the end of the physical body that should worry us. Rather, our concern must be to live while we’re alive – to release our inner selves from the spiritual death that comes with living behind a facade designed to conform to external definitions of who and what we are."― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- "When I did ‘Bumble-ardy,’ I was so intensely aware of death. Eugene, my friend and partner, was dying here in the house when I did ‘Bumble-ardy’. I did ‘Bumble-ardy’ to save myself. I did not want to die with him. I wanted to live, as any human being does."― Maurice Sendak
- "Men like me are impossible until the day when they become necessary."― Victor Hugo