More From Anne Frank
- "I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death… I think… peace and tranquillity will return again."
- "In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death."
- "I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out."
More In Good
- "I think a gentleman is someone who holds the comfort of other people above their own. The instinct to do that is inside every good man, I believe. The rules about opening doors and buying dinner and all of that other ‘gentleman’ stuff is a chess game, especially these days."― Anna Kendrick
- "It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get."― Confucius
- "Nature seems at each man’s birth to have marked out the bounds of his virtues and vices, and to have determined how good or how wicked that man shall be capable of being."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld