More From Anne Frank
- "Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands."
- "I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death… I think… peace and tranquillity will return again."
- "Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction."
More In Good
- "Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work."― Mark Twain
- "Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation."― Plato
- "It’s no good running a pig farm badly for 30 years while saying, ‘Really, I was meant to be a ballet dancer.’ By then, pigs will be your style."― Quentin Crisp