More From Anna Quindlen
- "People always blame the girl; she should have said no. A monosyllable, but conventional wisdom has always been that boys can’t manage it."
- "Women who marry early are often overly enamored of the kind of man who looks great in wedding pictures and passes the maid of honor his telephone number."
- "Even as we enumerate their shortcomings, the rigor of raising children ourselves makes clear to us our mothers’ incredible strength. We fear both. If they are not strong, who will protect us? If they are not imperfect, how can we equal them?"
More In Family
- "Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction."― Marquis de Sade
- "I am very lucky, I have a very tight group of friends and a very supportive family, and to this date no-one has ever sold a story on me."― Sienna Miller
- "Well, one of the most important things for Americans to be reminded of is that a lot of the exceptional nature of our country is founded in Judeo-Christian values that promotes individualism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to family, charity."― Jim DeMint