More From Anna Quindlen
- "I will never understand people who think that the way to show their righteous opposition to sexual freedom is to write letters full of filthy words."
- "Even as we enumerate their shortcomings, the rigor of raising children ourselves makes clear to us our mothers’ incredible strength. We fear both. If they are not strong, who will protect us? If they are not imperfect, how can we equal them?"
- "There is a lot of talk now about metal detectors and gun control. Both are good things. But they are no more a solution than forks and spoons are a solution to world hunger."
More In Family
- "I don’t have a long family history of good cooks in my family."― Bobby Flay
- "Christmas can have a real melancholy aspect, ’cause it packages itself as this idea of perfect family cohesion and love, and you’re always going to come up short when you measure your personal life against the idealized personal lives that are constantly thrust in our faces, primarily by TV commercials."― Dan Savage
- "Elvis Costello had a brand new bag. He was a musician, but he knew all about the attitude part of it."― Nick Lowe