More From Ann Bancroft
- "I wanted to be a teacher, but I was a lousy student, one of the slowest readers. It was a tremendous struggle. But I’m lucky I had some teachers who saw something in me."
- "I had no doubts I could go to the pole. I may not be as strong, but I make up for physical strength in other areas, like steadiness and not panicking under stress."
- "A life lesson for me is, how do you muster the courage to take on a new risk? Whether it’s starting up a business or taking on a new project or expedition. I think the risks that we take are all relative to the risk-taker."
More In Education
- "My advantage as a woman and a human being has been in having a mother who believed strongly in women’s education. She was an early undergraduate at Oxford, and her own mother was a doctor."― Antonia Fraser
- "The Dell Theory of Conflict Prevention argues that no two countries that are both part of the same global supply chain will ever fight a war as long as they are each part of that supply chain."― Thomas Friedman
- "A child’s education should begin at least one hundred years before he is born."― Oliver Wendell Holmes