More From Ann Bancroft
- "A life lesson for me is, how do you muster the courage to take on a new risk? Whether it’s starting up a business or taking on a new project or expedition. I think the risks that we take are all relative to the risk-taker."
- "I had no doubts I could go to the pole. I may not be as strong, but I make up for physical strength in other areas, like steadiness and not panicking under stress."
- "I wanted to be a teacher, but I was a lousy student, one of the slowest readers. It was a tremendous struggle. But I’m lucky I had some teachers who saw something in me."
More In Education
- "A liberal education… frees a man from the prison-house of his class, race, time, place, background, family and even his nation."― Robert M. Hutchins
- "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning."― Jiddu Krishnamurti
- "In true education, anything that comes to our hand is as good as a book: the prank of a page- boy, the blunder of a servant, a bit of table talk – they are all part of the curriculum."― Michel de Montaigne