More From Ann Bancroft
- "I had no doubts I could go to the pole. I may not be as strong, but I make up for physical strength in other areas, like steadiness and not panicking under stress."
- "A life lesson for me is, how do you muster the courage to take on a new risk? Whether it’s starting up a business or taking on a new project or expedition. I think the risks that we take are all relative to the risk-taker."
- "This journey is not over. Our education initiatives have so much momentum, and we’re committed to sharing even more stories from the Arctic when we return."
More In Teacher
- "We spend the first twelve months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up."― Phyllis Diller
- "Are some women and children going to die? Yeah. But it’s doing the right thing. You got money, you sit around talking about peace. People who don’t have money need some help."― Kid Rock
- "When I had my first voice lesson I was 15 years old. And I had a really good teacher. This is what made all the difference. A good teacher will teach you the technique, but also how to listen to your voice."― Cecilia Bartoli