More From Aneurin Bevan
- "I would rather be kept alive in the efficient if cold altruism of a large hospital than expire in a gush of warm sympathy in a small one."
- "It is an axiom, enforced by all the experience of the ages, that they who rule industrially will rule politically."
- "The purpose of getting power is to be able to give it away."
More In Society
- "A first-generation fortune is the most likely to be given away, but once a fortune is inherited it’s less likely that a very high percentage will go back to society."― Bill Gates
- "In the ideal classroom, the teacher is either spending all of their time doing deep interventions with students on a one-on-one basis or facilitating true interactivity – labs, simulations, projects."― Salman Khan
- "The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill; and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties there would be no success; if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be achieved."― Samuel Smiles