More From Andrew Sullivan
- "When I first started talking about gay marriage, most people in the gay community looked at me as if I was insane or possibly a fascist reactionary."
- "You know, American citizens, I don’t think, ever thought that the right to the pursuit of happiness did not include the right to marry the person you love. But for a whole number of Americans, gay Americans, that happens to be true."
- "The good news about me is that my friends and social network is entirely independent of politics."
More In Friendship
- "The building of friendship, family, community and love is complicated. We are so isolated in this country, no longer supported by tribes and villages."― Jasmine Guy
- "Even in the common affairs of life, in love, friendship, and marriage, how little security have we when we trust our happiness in the hands of others!"― William Hazlitt
- "The beginning of a friendship, the fact that two people out of the thousands around them can meet and connect and become friends, seems like a kind of magic to me. But maintaining a friendship requires work. I don’t mean that as a bad thing. Good art requires work as well."― Charles de Lint