More From Andrew Motion
- "In a general way, I want to be a kind of flag-waver, bunting hanger-up, drum-beater, you name it, for poetry."
- "I write between 5.30am and 9.00. That way, I hope I carry over something from my dream time."
- "While also, importantly, not wanting to dumb it down or pretend the days of ‘difficult’ poetry are over, because we live in a pluralist culture and there’s room for ‘difficult’ poetry alongside rap and everything else. And poetry won’t be for everyone, but everyone should have the choice."
More In Poetry
- "The only thing that can save the world is the reclaiming of the awareness of the world. That’s what poetry does."― Allen Ginsberg
- "I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so in whining poetry."― John Donne
- "I am grateful for – though I can’t keep up with – the flood of articles, theses, and textbooks that mean to share insight concerning the nature of poetry."― A. R. Ammons