More From Andrew Mason
- "There are over 2,000 direct clones of the Groupon business model. However, there’s an equal amount of proof that the barriers to success are enormous. In spite of all those competitors, only a handful are remotely relevant."
- "I think if there’s any difference between me and a traditional CEO, it’s that I’ve been unwilling to change myself or shape my personality around what’s expected."
- "Groupon as a company – it’s built into the business model – is about surprise. A new deal that surprises you every day. We’ve carried that over to our brand, in the writing and the marketing that we do, and in the internal corporate culture."
More In Experience
- "Most people go through life dreading they’ll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They’ve already passed their test in life. They’re aristocrats."― Diane Arbus
- "My worst hair experience was when I was trying to relax my hair and my grandmother did it. It went all straight and I looked like a black Bee Gee."― Jamie Foxx
- "What is more mortifying than to feel that you have missed the plum for want of courage to shake the tree?"― Logan P. Smith