More From Andrew Jackson
- "The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer… form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws."
- "I cannot consent that my mortal body shall be laid in a repository prepared for an Emperor or a King my republican feelings and principles forbid it the simplicity of our system of government forbids it."
- "Money is power, and in that government which pays all the public officers of the states will all political power be substantially concentrated."
More In Equality
- "We must recover the element of quality in our traditional pursuit of equality. We must not, in opening our schools to everyone, confuse the idea that all should have equal chance with the notion that all have equal endowments."― Adlai E. Stevenson
- "We are also further than ever from equality of opportunity."― Ferdinand Mount
- "Nobody really believes in equality anyway."― Warren Farrell