More From Andrew Carnegie
- "No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit."
- "The ‘morality of compromise’ sounds contradictory. Compromise is usually a sign of weakness, or an admission of defeat. Strong men don’t compromise, it is said, and principles should never be compromised."
- "The first man gets the oyster, the second man gets the shell."
More In Great
- "Class action lawsuits are an important part of our legal system. All citizens should have the right to band together and settle grievances with bigger companies, but that system is broken and it needs fixing."― Thomas Carper
- "I don’t spend much money on clothes; I never did."― Lauren Hutton
- "Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you’re ready to play as tough as you’re able to, you’d better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you’re not giving it all you’ve got."― Larry Bird