More From Andrew Carnegie
- "And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department."
- "Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of the community."
- "There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else."
More In Great
- "Knowing is not understanding. There is a great difference between knowing and understanding: you can know a lot about something and not really understand it."― Charles Kettering
- "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."― Colin Powell
- "Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big."― Theodore Roosevelt