More From Andre Maurois
- "Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them."
- "Old age is far more than white hair, wrinkles, the feeling that it is too late and the game finished, that the stage belongs to the rising generations. The true evil is not the weakening of the body, but the indifference of the soul."
- "People are what you make them. A scornful look turns into a complete fool a man of average intelligence. A contemptuous indifference turns into an enemy a woman who, well treated, might have been an angel."
More In Happiness
- "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us."― Ashley Montagu
- "How easy to be amiable in the midst of happiness and success."― William Ellery Channing
- "The happiness of the creature consists in rejoicing in God, by which also God is magnified and exalted."― Jonathan Edwards