More From Andre Maurois
- "People are what you make them. A scornful look turns into a complete fool a man of average intelligence. A contemptuous indifference turns into an enemy a woman who, well treated, might have been an angel."
- "Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold."
- "A marriage without conflicts is almost as inconceivable as a nation without crises."
More In Happiness
- "Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness."― Abdul Kalam
- "Remember that happiness is as contagious as gloom. It should be the first duty of those who are happy to let others know of their gladness."― Maurice Maeterlinck
- "When a man has lost all happiness, he’s not alive. Call him a breathing corpse."― Sophocles