More From Anatole France
- "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
- "Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened."
- "Suffering! We owe to it all that is good in us, all that gives value to life; we owe to it pity, we owe to it courage, we owe to it all the virtues."
More In Education
- "You can choose a future where more Americans have the chance to gain the skills they need to compete, no matter how old they are or how much money they have. Education was the gateway to opportunity for me. It was the gateway for Michelle. And now more than ever, it is the gateway to a middle-class life."― Barack Obama
- "What is faith but a kind of betting or speculation after all? It should be, I bet that my Redeemer liveth."― Samuel Butler
- "A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated."― Horace Mann