More From Amy Tan
- "I would find myself laughing and wondering where these ideas came from. You can call it imagination, I suppose. But I was grateful for wherever they came from."
- "My mother said I was a clingy kid until I was about four. I also remember that from the age of eight she and I fought almost every day."
- "Words to me were magic. You could say a word and it could conjure up all kinds of images or feelings or a chilly sensation or whatever. It was amazing to me that words had this power."
More In Success
- "Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals."― Paul J. Meyer
- "All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right about face which turns us from failure to success."― Dorthea Brande
- "You could afford your house without the government if it weren’t for the government."― Rush Limbaugh