More From Amy Tan
- "I read a book a day when I was a kid. My family was not literary; we did not have any books in the house."
- "I would find myself laughing and wondering where these ideas came from. You can call it imagination, I suppose. But I was grateful for wherever they came from."
- "My mother said I was a clingy kid until I was about four. I also remember that from the age of eight she and I fought almost every day."
More In Hope
- "I have lived in the only decades I could have lived in, and hope to live through at least a few more."― Orson Scott Card
- "Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure."― George W. Bush
- "A lot of presidential memoirs, they say, are dull and self-serving. I hope mine is interesting and self-serving."― William J. Clinton