More From Amos Bronson Alcott
- "The less routine the more life."
- "While one finds company in himself and his pursuits, he cannot feel old, no matter what his years may be."
- "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-trust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciples."
More In Age
- "Religiosity turns out to be the best indicator of civic involvement: it’s more accurate than education, age, income, gender or race."― Jonathan Sacks
- "There are no college courses to build up self-esteem or high school or elementary school. If you don’t get those values at a early age, nurtured in your home, you don’t get them."― T. D. Jakes
- "I think it’s because it’s so different and it takes risks. Plus, it’s really smart humor. It gives the audience credit in terms of not needing to tell them when to laugh. I love that about the show. There’s no laugh track."― Sarah Chalke