More From Amos Bronson Alcott
- "Our notion of the perfect society embraces the family as its center and ornament, and this paradise is not secure until children appear to animate and complete the picture."
- "Our friends interpret the world and ourselves to us, if we take them tenderly and truly."
- "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-trust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciples."
More In Strength
- "I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy."― Sandra Fluke
- "When I write down my thoughts, they do not escape me. This action makes me remember my strength which I forget at all times. I educate myself proportionately to my captured thought. I aim only to distinguish the contradiction between my mind and nothingness."― Isidore Ducasse Lautreamont
- "Where is the man who has the strength to be true, and to show himself as he is?"― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe