More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Future. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured."
- "Eloquence, n. The art of orally persuading fools that white is the color that it appears to be. It includes the gift of making any color appear white."
- "Revolution, n. In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment."
More In Attitude
- "The characteristic political attitude of today is not one of positive belief, but of despair."― Herbert Read
- "Oh, I don’t think Tom Sowell would tell anybody to join the administration. That’s not his style. But I think his attitude has always been if it had to be done he’d prefer me to do it than somebody else."― Clarence Thomas
- "I do enjoy animated movies."― Nicolas Cage