More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Revolution, n. In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment."
- "Inventor: A person who makes an ingenious arrangement of wheels, levers and springs, and believes it civilization."
- "Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth – two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age."
More In Positive
- "I was interested by the idea that artists working in a totalitarian dictatorship or tsarist autocracy are secretly and slightly shamefully envied by artists who work in freedom. They have the gratification of intense interest: the authorities want to put them in jail, while there are younger readers for whom what they write is pure oxygen."― Tom Stoppard
- "I know some people will be surprised to hear it, but I’ve found that my music, whether its blues or rock, or whatever you want to call it, can be channeled into a positive direction that actually helps people."― Rick Derringer
- "President Obama has basically avoided or not done any attempt to intervene in any positive way in the housing market. I think in the financial crisis that’s been a shame."― Glenn Hubbard