More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Land: A part of the earth’s surface, considered as property. The theory that land is property subject to private ownership and control is the foundation of modern society, and is eminently worthy of the superstructure."
- "Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth – two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age."
- "Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding."
More In Positive
- "More business is lost every year through neglect than through any other cause."― Rose Kennedy
- "We tend to think of politics as bad, full of dirty tricks, negative ads, big campaigns, but I am here to explore the original meaning of politics, which is positive and has to do with balancing competing interests and looking for solutions."― Eric Liu
- "I hate banks. They do nothing positive for anybody except take care of themselves. They’re first in with their fees and first out when there’s trouble."― Earl Warren