More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Enthusiasm – a distemper of youth, curable by small doses of repentance in connection with outward applications of experience."
- "Prescription: A physician’s guess at what will best prolong the situation with least harm to the patient."
- "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
More In Positive
- "I appreciate the ‘Surreal Life.’ I had a really positive experience on that show, and with those people. I found some love in my heart for religion again, and had the support of a new family of friends. I wouldn’t have had the pleasure of meeting those people, if we were not all placed in that fishbowl."― Vince Neil
- "We have a positive vision of the future founded on the belief that the gap between the promise and reality of America can one day be finally closed. We believe that."― Barbara Jordan
- "This place? Nothing positive. OK, I want to say something positive. It’s positively a dump."― Charles Barkley