More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
- "History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools."
- "Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught."
More In Best
- "There is a growing literature about the multitude of journalism’s problems, but most of it is concerned with the editorial side of the business, possibly because most people competent to write about journalism are not comfortable writing about finance."― Russell Baker
- "Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power."― Charles Caleb Colton
- "Gorgeous hair is the best revenge."― Ivana Trump