More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Clairvoyant, n.: A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron – namely, that he is a blockhead."
- "Present, n. That part of eternity dividing the domain of disappointment from the realm of hope."
- "Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding."
More In Best
- "Fatigue is the best pillow."― Benjamin Franklin
- "Once you get in a position where your rent is taken care of and you do have a job, you really get to deal with yourself and really become one with yourself. And you wake to your mind every day. That’s your best friend and your worst enemy – your own brain."― Fred Durst
- "I find that the best way to do things is to constantly move forward and to never doubt anything and keep moving forward, if you make a mistake say you made a mistake."― John Frusciante