More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Consul – in American politics, a person who having failed to secure an office from the people is given one by the Administration on condition that he leave the country."
- "Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance."
- "Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage."
More In Technology
- "Those who have experienced the most, have suffered so much that they have ceased to hate. Hate is more for those with a slightly guilty conscience, and who by chewing on old hate in times of peace wish to demonstrate how great they were during the war."― Thor Heyerdahl
- "As sophisticated as the technology gets, the less sophisticated you have to become as an actor."― Brendan Fraser
- "The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation."― Oscar Wilde